Saturday, November 13, 2010

Obama...the Joker? I don't think so

I have thought about this several times and again after watching "The Dark Knight". Several months ago their was a campaign depicting President Obama as the Joker from the latest Batman film. I have to take issue with this. This is completely inaccurate. I'm not an Obama supporter, heck I think they should toss the man a slow boat back to Kenya or Indonesia or where ever he's from. My issue is with the poster itself.

Obama is an ego-centric, petulant, communist control freak. The Joker on the other hand, while he too may also be an ego-centric maniac he is not a bureaucratic and power hungry, he is chaos incarnate. He is the Loki to Batman's Thor. His ultimate goal other than say killing Batman is he really has no goal other than chaos, mayhem and carnage for his own enjoyment. And while this may be the ultimate outcome of the policies and actions of the current administration I don't believe it is the goal thus making the poster, while humorous, inaccurate.

May I actually suggest an alternative and more accurate poster. Say...This one or maybe this one and this is a good one too.

Yes Obama as a sith lord. I find this quite a bit more accurate. While this image was often applied to G. W Bush it might actually be more accurate here. He's taking over in a time a sever crisis determined to literally wipe away the remnants of the old republic and remake under himself and to feed more and more power to and all powerful central government. Doesn't sound like anything the Joker would do. He'd just burn the place down and he'd probably start in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment