Saturday, November 8, 2008

Prop 8

I know I've said that I'm not gonna talk about politics for a while but I just thought I'd comment on this. I don't think Prop eight in Ca should have even been brought to vote, nor the one in Mo or one at the Federal level. In 50 years we'll look back at the idea to ban gay marriage the same way we look at slavery now or denying women the right to vote. We'll scratch our heads and try to remember what the big deal was about.

I mentioned in another blog that when it comes to a subject such as marriage I'm not sure the government should have an opinion at all. The marriage license is a contract used for tax purposes, custody issues, etc... The government shouldn't be able to deny any two people of legal age from signing that contract. Now churches, temples, mosques etc... can refuse to have the ceremonies all they want. That's their right. Actually I'm surprised that failed in california of all places to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment